Running a Grassroots Football Team – The Basics
If you’re reading this it’s probably because you have taken on the responsibility of running a grassroots football team. Firstly, well done – whilst it might feel like quite a daunting task, it can also be a very rewarding one, as those of us who have been down this road before you can testify.
You probably have lots of questions – hopefully this website should provide answers. To start you off, the below checklist covers the most important questions you need to ask yourself before running a grassroots football team.
New Manager’s Checklist
- Have you (and any other adults who will be helping with the team) got a valid club DBS check? This is absolutely essential.
- Have all your players registered with the club and paid their membership fees?
- Do you have a first aid qualified coach associated with your team who has the FA Introduction to Coaching Football qualification or the old FA Level 1?
- Have you registered your team with a league?
- Have you registered your players with the league?
- Does your team have a kit?
- Do you have parental contact details, medical information etc. for all your players?
- Do you have a first aid kit?
- Have you been clear with parents as to how the team will be run, what they can expect from you and what you expect from them?